Protect your Dog: What You Should Know About Ice Melts or Rock Salt - PetPlace - puppy licked ice melt

Category

Dog Safe Ice Melts - Protect Your Dogs From Ingesting Toxic Chemicals - Smart Dog Owners puppy licked ice melt


Even if your dog walks on ice melts and then licks their paws, they can ingest a large enough amount of the chemical to cause illness including kidney failure or .

While pets don't typically ingest ice melts on purpose, your pet may become exposed if they lick their feet after walking through a recently.

Even if you don't see the ice melt, it may still be on surfaces. A dog that licks its feet after coming inside could experience vomiting or diarrhea.